It's been a while since I last posted. Quite a bit has gone on since then. I've decided to drop Engineering for Physics only to be hit by a horrid urge of responsibility [the bane of all college kids! Blast you!] and now the desire to pull this GPA out of the fireball it's become. If I listen to the right punk music [We The Kings for instance] I almost believe that it's possible. I wonder if I can succeed at even passing some of these courses, nevermind the idea of excelling. However, I...want to. Been a while since I felt that.
If nothing else, this experience has taught me that God is always my first priority. Yet, I have an opportunity here to be a wonderful engineer [the fact that I loathe the career is beside the point!]. I'm still looking into physics, but I think I need to try a lot more with this degree while I still can.
I have no deep theological thought for tonight. Except that I am afraid that I am more and more the patron saint of lost causes. Although the official title belongs to St. Jude, and I dare not steal that from him, I wonder if that's not my calling: To seek out the hopeless and desperate. Because I have been one of them. And sometimes, I still am. Without Christ,
not even an engineer. He shall get us all through this. And may the praise from all of us lost
causes bring a brighter dawn, as we know that all things are good that come from the Father.
Note: I've come up with two band names I think are awesome. Mayhaps I might even use one for when [yes, when NOT if] I get my band together: "Incoming Front" [heck "Incoming!" is awesome too...] and "The Transfer Function".
My Honor Is My Life,
-Sword
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment